Take the first step toward assistance for your USJ undergraduate or graduate degree.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) provides more than $150 billion in grants, loans and work-study funds each year.

When & How to Apply

Administered by Federal Student Aid, which is part of the U.S. Department of Education and the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for school.  The FAFSA opens annually on October 1st, in the year prior to the start of classes.

USJ FAFSA School Code: 001409

Priority Deadlines:

  • Incoming student priority deadline: March 15th
  • Returning student priority deadline: March 15th

Visit the Federal Student Aid website now to begin the free FAFSA application and to get some great tips on how and why to apply. You can also contact Student Financial Services for more information.

FAFSA Tips & Tricks

Common Errors to Avoid:

  • Incorrect Social Security Numbers
  • Missing divorced/remarried parent information
  • Putting income earned by parents/stepparents into student financial information
  • Forgetting to list untaxed income
  • Incorrect U.S. income taxes paid
  • Listing too many or too few in the household size
  • Number of household members in college
  • Real estate and investment net worth

Things to Keep in Mind:

  • Make sure your name and Social Security number exactly match what is listed on your Social Security card.
  • Do not leave any answers blank. If a question does not apply to you, fill in a zero.
  • Report income and taxes using the 1040 federal tax form, not W-2 forms. The FAFSA will refer to the lines on which you will find the information required.
  • Report all sources of untaxed income where required, including Social Security, child support and Aid to Dependent Children (ADC).
  • If the custodial parent (the parent the student lives with more than half the year) is remarried, stepparent information MUST be provided.
  • The student should always be included in the household size, even if s/he did not live with parents during the previous year.
  • Sign the application!
  • For dependent students, both the student and at least one parent MUST sign the FAFSA. When applying online, that means both must have their own FSA ID, which will be used each time you resubmit the FAFSA in the future.


Take the Next Step

Come and tour our beautiful campus, learn more about our programs and discover firsthand what makes our University so unique!

Contact Us