As part of our ongoing efforts to be “green,” USJ uses a paperless billing system. The billing system, called CashNet, allows students to access their accounts online.
- An initial fall bill will be available for viewing in early July.
- Your monthly e-bill will be available for viewing online at the beginning of each month.
- When monthly billing statements are processed, the system will automatically send an email notification to your USJ email address.
To Access the Cashnet System
- Login to the University’s internal web site, MyUSJ.
- Click on the Billing/Office of the Bursar link.
- Scroll down & Click on Go to CashNet.
- View your initial semester bills or monthly statements; make payment with Master Card, Discover Card, American Express; or withdrawal from your checking or savings account. Credit card payments do incur a convenience processing fee.
Tuition Invoices Will Be Processed Three Times a Year: Fall, Spring, & Summer Terms
- Fall bills will be online early July, with payment due August 15
- Spring bills available mid November with payment due December 15
- Summer bills available in mid April with payment due May 15
Your Tuition Bill Includes Your Current Charges as Well as Any Financial Aid You May Be Receiving
- Initially, this aid is classified as “Pending Aid” until actual disbursement of funds is completed. No further action is required from you to ensure disbursement.
- Financial aid will not appear on your bill until all the required paperwork is completed and received by Student Financial Services.
- Incomplete financial aid files will not allow loans to be disbursed onto your account, so please be sure to complete the financial aid process.
You must pay all billed charges, less financial aid as indicated on your statement, by the payment due date each semester.
Option 1: Payment of the Charges in Full
- Online Payments
Master Card, Discover, American Express or electronic checks are accepted for payment by accessing your student account on MyUSJ. (Note: there is an additional processing fee to pay with a credit card. There are no fees if you pay using electronic transfer from your checking or savings account.)
- Payments by Mail or in Person
If you pay by check, please be sure your USJ ID# appears on the check. You may mail it to: University of Saint Joseph, Cashier Office, 1678 Asylum Ave. West Hartford, CT 06117. If you wish to make your payment in person, the Cashier’s Office is located on the 1st floor in McDonough Hall.
Option 2: Monthly Payment Plan
The payment plan enables you to budget all or part of your tuition bills over a four-month period without interest.
- The dates of this plan are August-November for fall semester, December-March for spring semester, and April-July for the summer.
- Enrolling early gives you the maximum months to extend payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have questions about my bill. Who should I contact?
- For questions regarding tuition charges, please contact the Bursar’s Office at [email protected] or 860.231.5266.
- For questions about loans or other financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services at [email protected] or 860.231.5223.
- For questions about Student Health Insurance, please contact Health Services at [email protected] or 860.231.5530
When is my tuition due?
- Fall Semester: August 15
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Summer Semester: May 15
How do I make a payment?
- Pay online using ACH (e-check) or using your Master Card, Discover or American Express card.
- Pay by mail: Send checks to: University of Saint Joseph, Cashier’s Office, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117
Why am I being charged a fee to pay using my credit card?
USJ employs a third party to process credit card payments. This arrangement allows for a highly secure payment processing system that is available to students 24 hours a day. The fees are paid directly to the payment processor; USJ does not receive any income from these fees.
Why doesn’t USJ accept VISA credit cards for online payments?
VISA does not participate in the online payment processing system used by USJ’s online payment service.
How do I apply for student loans or other types of financial aid?
Please contact Student Financial Services with questions on student loans at [email protected] or 860.231.5223. Please be sure to begin your financial aid process early to allow for processing time.
I expect a refund from my student loan disbursement. How do I receive my funds?
All student loan refund payments will be processed via direct deposit to your checking account. To sign up for your E-refund please visit MyUSJ > > Click on Go to Cashnet > click on Sign up for E-Refund. Follow prompts to enroll to receive your refund electronically.
When are student loan refunds available?
Student loan refunds are generally available at the start of each semester. It is important that you meet all financial aid requirements and deadlines in order to avoid delays in your loan processing.
Why does my student loan not appear on my billing statement?
Make sure you have completed all of the required steps in the financial aid process on time. If you have questions or have not yet applied, please contact Student Financial Services at [email protected] or 860.231.5223.