Dear Friends of USJ,
As we approach the end of the calendar year, it is customary to reflect on our accomplishments and plan for the future. Thanks to your support, USJ has much to celebrate! Here are just a few of the highlights of the last year:
• More than $5 million in philanthropic contributions
• The successful relocation of the Pharmacy program to the West Hartford campus, including significant renovations to several classrooms and labs
• Expanded inter-professional education opportunities that include students from Nursing, Pharmacy, PA Studies, Nutrition and Social Work
• Construction commenced on a new turf field for our perennially strong softball team
• Improved roadways and parking lots make USJ more accessible and welcoming than ever
Our plans for the future are strategic and innovative and they are centered around three pillars;Stature and Distinctiveness, Strength and Agility, Student Success and Engagement. With the strength of a diverse and talented student body, a dedicated and accomplished faculty and the continued support and investment of our alumni and partners, USJ will strengthen its reputation for academic excellence and curricular/pedagogical innovation, for preparation of students for careers that meet social needs, and for its commitment to the values of the Sisters of Mercy.
Building upon our nine decades of educational excellence, I look forward to a very bright future for USJ.
Rhona C. Free, Ph.D.
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.