CT Health Horizons Program for USJ
Tuition Assistance for CT Residents
Nursing and Social Work
GRANT APPROVED PROGRAMS
Apply for admission today and address the state’s workforce shortage in these critical areas:
|Accelerated Second Degree Nursing (ASD)||Up to $20,000 toward your ASD degree|
|Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, M.S.||Up to $20,000 toward your PMHNP M.S. degree|
|Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-Master’s) – Hybrid||Up to $15,000 toward your PMHNP Certificate|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)||Up to $20,000 toward your MSW degree|
Eligible students will be notified if they are awarded the CT Health Horizons Grant.
CT Health Horizons will support three strategic areas:
- Tuition assistance to incentivize low-income and minority students to enter accelerated and cost-effective nursing and social work programs.
- Faculty support to rapidly expand seat capacity and train the next generation of nurses and social workers.
- Innovative programs to promote partnerships between healthcare employers and institutes of higher education to accelerate entrance into careers in nursing and social work.
Tuition assistance will be made available for up to two years per student.
Students receiving tuition support should graduate from their respective programs during the project period of 12-36 months and be prepared to enter the workforce. Allowable uses of tuition are for students enrolled in Accelerated Second Degree Nursing (ASD), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Post-Graduate Certificate in PMHNP, and Master of Social Work (MSW) programs.
Eligibility for students receiving tuition assistance will be need-based and determined by each institution. Suggested criteria includes one of the following:
- Have a home address from an Alliance School District as designated by the Connecticut State Department of Education
- Meet the income criteria for Federal Pell Grant eligibility
- Have a current salary below Connecticut’s living wage as identified by the MIT Living Wage Calculator
- Demonstrates financial hardship
Each institution will use its own process to identify students and disburse tuition assistance. The maximum tuition assistance should be used as a last-dollar scholarship after other state, federal, and private support sources are exhausted.