Dorothy Keller, M.Ed.Professor of Fine Arts
M.A., University of Saint Joseph
C.A.G.S., University of Saint Joseph
B.S., University of Hartford Art School
- E: [email protected]
- P: 860.231.5236
Professor Keller has traveled extensively throughout Europe and the Middle East and has taken part in many archeological digs.
- Named to Who’s Who in American Education, 1993 – 1998
- Named to Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002
- Received the Sears-Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award, May 1989
- Received the Distinguished Alumna Award, University of Saint Joseph, June 26, 1999.
A Selection of Exhibitions of Photography and Art Work
- The Slater Museum of Art, Norwich, Connecticut, Photography Invitational Exhibit, 2003.
- The New Britain Museum of Art, juried exhibit, January 2004
- Annual Connecticut Artists Exhibitions, juried shows, 1980 to present
- The McAuley Atrium Gallery, 2001
- The City of Hartford Director’s Gallery, 2000
- The Marie Louise Trichet Gallery, Litchfield, Connecticut
- Edward Hopper House Gallery, Nyack, New York
- West Beth Gallery, New York City
- Art Students League Gallery, New York City
A Selection of Video Productions
- “The Wadsworth Atheneum: “Portrait of a Museum,” produced by Connecticut Public Television, 2001.
- “The Visual Art of Thomas Merton,” produced by the Thomas Merton Studies Center, Bellarmine College, Louisville, Kentucky.
A Selection of Radio and Television Production
With Tom Brophy, Theme: Ancient Egyptian, August 25, 1995. WCRC live radio interview with Brad Davis based upon my discovery of a cache of tombs in Egypt National Public Radio – live interview with Faith Middleton on the program, September 28, 1995, “Open Art New England,” Broadcast Theme: significance of discovery of the tombs in Egypt. The program was re-broadcast in November. Tapes are available through National Public Radio.
- WTIC live radio interview with Colin MacEnroe, October 19, 1995. The theme was related to my discovery and the process of Mummification.
- WATR AM Radio, Waterbury, Connecticut, November 9, 1995. A live radio interview with Tom Brophy. Topic, “The Art of Egypt, History and contemporary life in Egypt , conducted in two segments,1:30 – 2:30 PM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Channel 13 Television, live interview and discussion, Art and my discovery at the Ramesseum, November 30, 1995. The show was also taped and re-broadcast on December 2, 1995.
- WILI Live radio interview with Wayne Norman from 7:15 to 9:00 AM celebrating my presentation, “The Life and Works of the Artist: John Trumbull,” February 17, 2000
- Taped interview for WNBC Channel 30 for the program, “Connecticut Discoveries” – conducted at the New Britain Museum of American Art relating to the outstanding collection of American Art at the museum, December 18, 2003 and re-televised in January 2004