Counseling & Wellness Center (CWC)
Counseling and Support Services
The CWC provides free confidential counseling, assessments, and referrals to all students enrolled in the University of Saint Joseph Undergraduate and Graduate Schools.
Students seek counseling for many reasons including, but not limited to, stress, relationship issues, adjustment problems, depression, anxiety, and other psychological difficulties.
We provide individual counseling and group counseling when needed. The center has a short-term model of counseling with the number of sessions dependent upon the needs of each student and the mutual goals for treatment agreed upon between the counselor and the student.
Counseling and Wellness staff also provide training, outreach, and consultation to University students, faculty and staff.
- Free confidential individual counseling and consultations
- In-person and telehealth appointments available
- Licensed professional counselors and graduate counseling staff
- Psycho-educational and support groups
- Limited psychiatric consultation & medication evaluation
- Immediate support for students in crisis
The Student Wellness Center offers a variety of educational outreach programming to enhance the healthy development of the physical and mental well-being of the campus community.
Home of Working on Wellness (WOW)
a peer health and wellness leadership program
- Student space to rest, learn, study and enjoy
- Student programming, group, and meeting space available
- Wellness education materials and resource closet
- Information for personal growth and academic projects
- Wellness Programming
- Woof Wednesday (therapy dogs)
- Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation Practice and Events
- Fun, Games, and Activities
- Fairs and Giveaways
- Wellness Coaching, motivation support for personal and academic success. Personalized confidential screenings for most wellness and mental health concerns online and in-person.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Paid, Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Main Line: 860.231.5233
Email: [email protected]
The Counseling & Wellness Center is located in the Little Red House. Services are offered telehealth and in-person.
Director, Meredith Yuhas, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, ACS
Counselor, Melissa Emmanuel, LPC
Counselor, Juan B. Faraoni III, LPC
During the Academic Calendar Year:
Open for all students
M — F: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
During the Summer & Breaks:
Limited availability for full-time registered students in 12-month programs; email [email protected] for an appointment.
If you are on-campus and are in need of emergency psychiatric assistance call 860.231.5222 for campus safety or when open call or go to the CWC in the LRH. If you are off campus and require emergency assistance please call 911 or visit your closest emergency room.
For your rights and what you need to know to obtain information, support, and assistance options for sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, intimate partner violence and stalking visit MyUSJ/Sexual Misconduct.
For more information, current USJ students can go to MyUSJ >> Sexual Misconduct >> Resources >> Counseling and Wellness Center.
Emergency – Town of West Hartford
Campus phone: 9-911
Non-campus phone: 911
USJ Public Safety
Campus phone: x5222
Non-campus phone: 1.860.231.5222