Become A Leader
Learn to lead the way with USJ's student leadership opportunities
At USJ, all students are encouraged to challenge themselves; model positive leadership; and inspire and enable others – and we provide many opportunities for you to do so.
Join An Engaging, Learning-Center Campus Community
USJ believes education includes the total development of our students – which is why our Office of Student Activities provides cultural, social, educational, and recreational programs that complement personal growth and community development.
SAVE THE DATE: Leadership Quest is Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Contact us to find out more about the University's leadership support system, which fosters personal discovery and social competency through group activities, collaboration and leadership opportunities.
Commitments of Leadership
- FIND your voice by clarifying your personal values
- SET the example by aligning actions with shared values
- ENVISION the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities
- ENLIST others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations
- SEARCH for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve
- EXPERIMENT and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes
- FOSTER collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust
- STRENGTHEN others by sharing power and discretion
- RECOGNIZE contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence
- CELEBRATE the values and victories by creating a spirit of community