Counseling & Wellness Center
Receive professional, confidential counseling that fits your personal needs
The Counseling and Wellness Center is here to support you if you should seek counseling for any reason while you are enrolled as a USJ undergraduate or graduate student.
From dealing with stress, relationship issues and adjustment concerns, to more serious issues of depression, anxiety and other mood and psychological disorders, our counseling sessions are designed to meet your needs and support your treatment goals.
Services Provided Free of Charge
- Confidential individual counseling by appointment
- Our short-term counseling model, where the number of sessions is dependent on the need
- Limited psychiatric consultation or medication evaluation
- Immediate support for students in crisis
- Resources for the entire campus community, from individualized classroom programs, to larger programs with special guest presenters, to reading materials
Main Line: 860.231.5233
Email: [email protected]
Services will be offered online only until further notice
Director, Meredith Yuhas, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, ACS
Counselor, Melissa Emmanuel, LPC
During the Academic Calendar Year:
Open for all students
M — F: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
During the Summer & Breaks:
Limited availability for full-time registered students in 12-month programs; email [email protected] for an appointment.
For your rights and what you need to know to obtain information, support, and assistance options for sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, intimate partner violence and stalking visit MyUSJ/Sexual Misconduct.
For more information, current USJ students can go to MyUSJ >> Sexual Misconduct >> Resources >> Counseling and Wellness Center.