Honorary Degree Nominations
Celebrating USJ’s mission in action at Commencement 2021
Call for honorary degree nominations is now open. Degree recipients will be recognized at Commencement 2021.
Commencement may seem far away, but it’s time to begin the honorary degree selection process — and we rely on your nominations!
Each year at Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremonies, USJ awards honorary degrees (Doctor of Humane Letters) to members of the local, national, and global communities. We are seeking nominations for candidates who, through personal and professional achievements, reflect the University’s mission and stand out as excellent role models for our students.
To nominate a candidate please:
- Read the criteria below to determine suitability
- Complete the online form by September 18, 2020
Process of Review
All nominations will be reviewed by the Honorary Degree Award Nomination Committee. Final recommendations will be sent to President Rhona Free.
Each candidate’s suitability will be evaluated by the Honorary Degree Committee based on the following criteria:
- Personal and professional achievements
- Eminent scholarship and/or research accomplishments
- Notable creative work
- Outstanding public service
- Leadership – in a professional field and/or the community
- Regional, national, or international prominence that will bring favorable attention to the University
- Demonstrated commitment to education
- Reflection of the University’s mission and core values and its underlying Catholic intellectual and spiritual values